CORONA VIRUS - MOTHER ELAINE STATEMENT #2 - 3/13/20
As a final clarification:
Today, Friday March 13th, we are having a full day including after-care.
Monday, March 16th, the teachers and I will be in the building for professional development. The teachers will be working on lesson plans for when the school is closed due to the Covid-19 virus.
Teachers will be available from 2-3PM on Monday, March 16th, with lesson plans for the duration of the closure. If it is impossible for you to pick up your child's work from 2-3 PM on Monday, Ms. Ashborn will be available at the Kindergarten door from 5-6PM. If Monday pick-up is not possible, please call the office and leave a message.
Beginning Tuesday, March 17th, St. John School will be closed until further notice. When town officials inform us that St John School can safely reopen with students, I will let you know.
I continue to pray to God that you and your loved ones will all remain healthy during this time.
Please be assured of my continued prayers for each of you and your families. Thank you for your understanding.
God Bless You,
CORONA VIRUS - MOTHER ELAINE STATEMENT #1 - 3/13/20
My first responsibility is and has always been to take care of all the students, faculty and staff in our school. With this in mind, I want to share with you the following important information in response to the COVID-19 virus:
1. Nurse and I have been working hard to keep your child healthy and safe.
2. I have been in close communication with the Superintendent of School for Old Saybrook Schools, Superintendent of Diocese of Norwich, and the State Health Department.
3. I visited every classroom yesterday and talked to your child about good hygiene (hand washing, coughing in your sleeve, getting good sleep. etc.). These are good health skills for every time of the year. I reminded our students that Mr. Paul has special disinfectant that he is using every evening..... We prayed for those who are sick. Most people who have had the virus have gotten better.
4. The students were also told that it is possible that school would be cancelled for a time but that the teachers would have work prepared for them to do. The decision will come from the Health Department or Superintendent of Old Saybrook Schools. My guess is that the surrounding districts will all do the same.
5. I am asking the students to bring home their books today, Friday, just in case.
6. Teachers have been working on assignments for your children. In the event that we do close, assignments will be available for pick-up Monday afternoon from 2-3 PM at your child's car line pick-up spots.
7. I will let you know as soon as I receive any updates.
Thank you for your patience. Please call the office if you have further questions.
God Bless you,
Please refer to the CDC website for more information regarding the Coronavirus.
From: CT. Department of Public Health (DPH)